Project3713 and the Lackawanna Valley Railway Historical Society’s Moscow Station will be the beneficiaries of the , a rare-mileage photo freight on the Reading & Northern railroad May 5, 2018. Tickets may be purchased on this website: http://www.project3713.com/product-category/oneidaclipper/
Oneida Clipper Photo Freight
Saturday May 5, 2018 Depart Port Clinton, PA: 10AM
1 Railroad Blvd. Port Clinton, PA 19549
Return Port Clinton: 7PM
Trip: Join us for a 96 mile roundtrip over some very historic and rare Anthracite Region trackage. Departing from the Reading and Northern headquarters at Port Clinton, PA, we will head north to our destinations of Oneida Junction, near Hazleton, and Morea, at the end of the former LV New Boston Branch. Our travels will take us over segments of the Little Schuykill Branch and Catawissa Branch of the former Reading Railroad as well as parts of the former Lehigh Valley’s Hazleton Branch and New Boston Branch.
Motive Power: Two newly-acquired MP-15 diesel locomotives. The MP-15s wear the R&N’s handsome paint scheme inspired by that worn by the original Reading MP-15s which operated over much of this same trackage in the 1970s. Photo by Michael Kohl
Photo Run-bys: 3 photo run-bys are planned along the route, time permitting. Please wear appropriate footwear for walking at run-by locations.
Coach: $99 adult, $69 child 3-12, under 3 free
Cab Rides: $189. Four one-way cab rides are available to purchase. Cab ride includes a coach ticket for the return portion of the trip. Rider must be able to climb the steps of the locomotive and be 18 years or older. SOLD OUT
Caboose Seat: $159 Rider must be 18 years or older.Sold out
Gondola Rides: $139/$124 Rider must be 18 years or older. Ride gondola round-trip or one-way in gondola and the other in coach. Note: gondola is standing room only. It has no seats.
Lunch: $9 There are no places to purchase food during the excursion. Please plan accordingly or pre-order a Subway boxed lunch.. Ham, turkey, or veggie. Select a lunch when ordering your ticket.
Tickets May Be Purchased At: http://www.project3713.com/product-category/oneidaclipper/
All Passengers Please Note:
- The Port Clinton Boarding area will not be open until 8am, boarding will begin at 9am
- Riders must wear solid, closed toe footwear appropriate for railroad walking conditions
- It can be much colder in the mountains. Dress for possible weather conditions
- Caboose, Cab Ride, and Gondola passengers must be at least 18 years of age
- All tickets will be mailed beginning mid-April
- Rain or shine event. All sales final. No refunds. Railroad reserves the right to substitute equipment and route. Tickets are first come, first served. Proceeds benefit B&M 3713 restoration and Moscow station.
- For more information contact: Norm Barrett 570-575-5320 email@example.com
- Passengers will be expected to rotate seats throughout the day
- Goggles are required while in the gondola. A complimentary pair will be provided by R&N for you to keep
- Movement between the gondola and coaches will only be permitted while the train is stopped
- The gondola cars do not have seats. Be prepared to stand while riding in the gondola
- A rider coach will be open for gondola riders to sit and relax or to avoid weather
- 1-way gondola riders will either be northbound or southbound determined by L&WV Group.