Steamtown Night Photo Session Saturday September 2, 2017
The Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley Railway Historical Society and the Steamtown National Historic Site are pleased to announce a very special Railfest 2017 activity: a night photo session at the park to benefit the restoration of Project3713. Download the full PDF flyer here.
With three individual scenes lit and staged by Railman & Railroad editor Steve Barry, it is guaranteed to be a unique event. Scenes will be:
- Grand Trunk Western 4-8-2 #6039 in a roundhouse/turntable pose
- Baldwin #26 under steam with a freight train by the sand tower
- The A-B-A DL&W painted F3’s at the Mattes Street Tower
Details of the shoot:
- All participants must arrive for mandatory orientation and wristband distribution at 7:15pm in the Steamtown Theater. Gates lock at 7:30, no late arrivals can be accommodated.
- Photo session runs 8pm-10pm
- Limited to 75 participants (divided into three groups of 25)
- Wear sturdy walking shoes
- Bring a working flashlight
- Bring a tripod & cable release
- Tickets are $25 per person, non refundable